FAQs - Everything you need to know about entering
When is the entry deadline?
Entries close on Friday 24 April 2020 at 23:55.
It is the entrants responsibility to ensure that all entries are completed and fully uploaded to the site by this date.
Our offices close at 17:00, therefore no one will be available to assist you should you be uploading your entry after this time on the deadline day.
How do I enter?
All work should be entered using our online entry system.
1. Select the category you wish to enter. (You can select additional categories from the drop down menu in the basket and the clicking the green +add button.)
2. You will then be redirected to a registration page for new users or login page for returning users
3. You will need to supply the following information for each category you enter:
- Company name
- Project name
- Company logo - this will be used in the awards presentation if shortlisted
- Summary of your submission - 50 - 100 words summarising your entry for this year to be published if you are shortlisted
- 1000 word PDF summary
- 2 High Resolution Images Supporting Your Entry - this will be used in the awards presentation if shortlisted
- Additional Supporting Material (optional)
It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure they have (written) permission from any owner of the supporting material they are wishing to upload.
- Literary works such as articles, stories, journals, or computer programs;
- Pictures and graphics;
- Audio-visual recordings such as movies;
- Sound recordings;
- PowerPoint presentations.
4. Once all mandatory fields have been answered you can proceed to submit your entry.
5. A confirmation email will be automatically emailed to the address assigned to the login credentials as soon as you submit your entry. If this is not received check your junk mail folder and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does it cost to enter?
Entries for the Heavy Lift Awards are free of charge.
What categories are there?
Categories available to enter are:
- Airfreight Solution of the Year
- Environment Award
- Excellence in Engineering
- Forwarder Network of the Year
- Innovation Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Overland Transport Provider of the Year
- Port/Terminal Operator of the Year
- Project Logistics Provider of the Year
- Project of the Year
- Safety Award
- Shipping Line of the Year
- Training Award
Can I enter more than one category?
Any product, service or company can be entered into as many categories as desired.
Are there any tips to writing an entry?
- Be clear and concise
- Keep your summary brief but comprehensive
- Try to refer back to the criteria in your entry
- Supply as much evidence as possible to support your entry
- Make sure you have management approval to submit an entry for the awards
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if any part of the process is unclear
I have sensitive information in my entry how will it be used?
Any confidential or sensitive information included in your entry must be clearly marked.
We ask all of our judges to sign a confidentiality agreement before we allow them to begin the judging process and review any entries.
Winners of the awards will have an overview of their entry published on www.heavyliftpfi.com and in the magazine.
Any information that shouldn’t be included should be clearly marked within your entry.
I am a sponsor of the Awards, am I still able to enter?
Yes, of course you can still enter the Heavy Lift Awards, but you are unable to enter the category
you are sponsoring.
When will I know if I have been shortlisted?
HLPFI will contact all entrants (regardless of whether they have been shortlisted or not) by Monday 13 July.
FAQs - Everything you need to know about our new virtual awards
How do I view the winners reveal videos?
For 13 days the Heavy Lift Awards will be taking over www.heavyliftpfi.com.
Each day an exclusive winner's video will be released to HLPFI's network and across all social channels.
Please add the below reveal dates to your diary's and be sure to register your interest for more information.
Monday, October 5 - Airfreight Solution of the Year
Tuesday, October 6 - Training Award
Wednesday, October 7 - Environment Award
Thursday, October 8 - Overland Transport Provider of the Year
Friday, October 9 - Innovation Award
Monday, October 12 - Safety Award
Tuesday, October 13 - Excellence in Engineering
Wednesday, October 14 - Port/Terminal Operator of the Year
Thursday, October 15 - Forwarder Network of the Year
Friday, October 16 - Shipping Line of the Year
Monday, October 19 - Project of the Year
Tuesday, October 20 - Project Logistics Provider of the Year
Wednesday, October 21 - Lifetime Achievement Award
How much does it cost to attend the Heavy Lift Awards 2020?
The Heavy Lift Awards 2020 is a FREE online event.
How do I book a table for the awards?
Will I get a refund for my Individual Seat or Table booking now that the live awards has been cancelled?
How will I receive my trophy?
Trophies will be sent out to you directly.