FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQs - Everything you need to know about entering
When is the entry deadline?
Entries close on 27 May 2022 at 23:55 GMT.
It is the entrants responsibility to ensure that all entries are completed and fully uploaded to the site by this date.
Our offices close at 17:00 GMT, therefore no one will be available to assist you should you be uploading your entry after this time on the deadline day.
How do I enter?
All work should be entered using our online entry system.
1. Select the category you wish to enter. (You can select additional categories from the drop down menu in the basket and the clicking the green +add button.)
2. You will then be redirected to a registration page for new users or login page for returning users
3. You will need to supply the following information for each category you enter:
- Company name
- Project name
- Company logo - this will be used in the awards presentation if shortlisted
- Summary of your submission - 50 - 100 words summarising your entry for this year to be published if you are shortlisted
- 1000 word PDF submission (no larger than 5MB)
- 2 High Resolution Images Supporting Your Entry - this will be used in the awards presentation if shortlisted
- Additional Supporting Material (optional)
It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure they have (written) permission from any owner of the supporting material they are wishing to upload.
- Literary works such as articles, stories, journals, or computer programs;
- Pictures and graphics;
- Audio-visual recordings such as movies;
- Sound recordings;
- PowerPoint presentations.
4. Once all mandatory fields have been answered you can proceed to submit your entry.
5. A confirmation email will be automatically emailed to the address assigned to the login credentials as soon as you submit your entry. If this is not received check your junk mail folder and contact email@example.com.
How much does it cost to enter?
Entries for the Heavy Lift Awards are free of charge.
What categories are there?
Categories available to enter are:
- Airfreight Solution of the Year
- Environment Award
- Excellence in Engineering
- Innovation Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Overland Transport Provider of the Year
- Port/Terminal Operator of the Year
- Project Logistics Provider of the Year
- Project of the Year
- Safety Award
- Ship Operator of the Year
- Training Award
Can I enter more than one category?
Any product, service or company can be entered into as many categories as desired.
Can I edit my entry once I've submitted it?
- Login using your email and password on the awards website
- Under Transactions click the Complete tab
- Click the Transaction ID of the relevant entry
- You will automatically be taken to Summary screen. From there select the Items tab to the right
- Go to the field(s) you wish to change and make your amendments
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press save
Please note if you do not press save the changes will not be made and you can only make edits to your submission until the entry deadline.
Are there any tips to writing an entry?
- Be clear and concise
- Keep your summary brief but comprehensive
- Try to refer back to the criteria in your entry
- Supply as much evidence as possible to support your entry
- Make sure you have management approval to submit an entry for the awards
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if any part of the process is unclear
I have sensitive information in my entry how will it be used?
Any confidential or sensitive information included in your entry must be clearly marked.
We ask all of our judges to sign a confidentiality agreement before we allow them to begin the judging process and review any entries.
Winners of the awards will have an overview of their entry published on www.heavyliftpfi.com and in the magazine.
Any information that shouldn’t be included should be clearly marked within your entry.
I am a sponsor of the Awards, am I still able to enter?
Yes, of course you can still enter the Heavy Lift Awards, but you are unable to enter the category
you are sponsoring.
When will I know if I have been shortlisted?
HLPFI will contact all entrants (regardless of whether they have been shortlisted or not) in July.
FAQs - Everything you need to know about attending the awards ceremony
How do I book a table for the awards?
When and where are the awards being held?
When will I find out if my company has won?
The announcement of the winners will be made at the Heavy Lift Awards ceremony taking place on Thursday 22 September 2022, Grand Elysee, Hamburg. You can book tables of 10 seats or individual tickets to attend the ceremony.
When will I receive my invitations?
As long as payment for your table(s) has been received in cleared funds, your invitations will be sent to you around late August, in order for you to send onto your confirmed guests.
Who do I notify if one of my guests has special dietary requirements?
You will be able to add this information via the website up until 22 August 2022, by logging in and adding the information to your guest list. If you have been informed after the 1 September of a guest's dietary requirement please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org