Vote Now! Video of the Year
Please fill in your details and choose the one video you would like to vote for by selecting its caption from the drop down box below.
Once you have submitted the details required, you will be redirected to a confirmation page.
1. Qatar Airways Cargo - Freighters carrying medical supplies to China in February 2020.
2. Coordinadora Internacional de Cargas - Loading and shipment for the Navantia Windfloat Atlantic Project.
3. Mammoet - Milestone lift at Dangote Oil Refinery Project; the successful installation of the world's largest crude distillation column, which weighs 2,350t and stands 112m tall.
4. GPO Heavylift - GPO Amethyst loading a jack-up rig in Kristiansand, Norway.
5. EGL - Transporting cargo for the Assuit New Power Plant project in Egypt.
6. Kübler Spedition - Heavy transport in Munich.
7. Transport Company Ville Silvasti - The largest special transport in Finland in 2020.
8. Marr Contracting Pty Ltd (The Men From Marr’s) - Completing a world-record lift during construction of the 1915 Çanakkale Bridge in Turkey. The record-breaking construction feat saw one of Marr’s M2480D Heavy Lift Luffers (HLL) – which with a lifting capacity of 330 tonnes is the world’s largest capacity tower crane – undertake the world’s heaviest (155 tonnes) at height (318 metres) craneage lift on what will be the world’s longest span suspension bridge. Images by FilmGenetik.
9. AAL Shipping - AAL Melbourne loading two jib cranes weighing just over 1,800 mt in total in Taicang, for transport to Jebel Ali. The 42 m high main modules towered over the 31,000 dwt mega-size vessel and, lit up in the evening, took on an imposing resemblance to two Martian tripods from H.G. Wells ‘War of the Worlds’.
10. Ramps Logistics - Over 14 days, Shell entrusted our team to move 6,000MT of tubulars, varying in diameter size from 4.5” to 36”, from Shell La Brea pipe yard to Shell Chaguaramas pipe yard. The project was executed by extensive planning, resource allocation, leadership commitment and teamwork.
11. Mammoet - The transport of 22 wind turbines to a site near Maakaknuten, Norway.
12. Lift & Shift India - Transport of Thermax equipment from Mundra SEZ to Adani Mundra Port for export.
13. Scheuerle / Austal - The launch of the Queen Beetle (Hull 396).
14. Hareket Heavy Lifting & Project Transportation - The launch of the largest yacht ever built by a Turkish shipyard.
15. CF&S Estonia - Handling huge bridge crane beams - each weighing 41.2 t and measuring 30 m long - that arrived at Paldiski South Harbour by special sliding trailers. We used 13 railcars, incl. buffer railcars, for delivering the beams from Estonia to Tuapse, Russia.
16. Maurice Ward Group - The company's Project Cargo Unit provides a unique combination of project freight forwarding coupled with in-depth knowledge of the shipping industry and vast technical know-how to meet global customers’ demands now and in the future.
17. Marr Contracting (The Men From Marr's) - Completed within a 12-week scheduled shutdown, this solution for the replacement of three decommissioned heat exchange vessels at a copper smelter and refinery in Southeast Asia changed what was a highly complex problem into a workable solution - making the whole operation safer, faster and less costly than the original planned methodology.
18. SAL Heavy Lift - 2020 entry for video of the year.
Thank you to our sponsors for their continued support of the Heavy Lift Awards 2020.